The Teacher Subject Specialist Training (TSST) course is aimed at teachers with QTS in any of the following categories:
- Teachers whose initial training was not in secondary Modern Foreign Languages
- Teachers who are returning to teaching after a career break
- Existing Modern Foreign Language Teachers who would like to enhance their knowledge of French or Spanish in order to be able to teach the language at a higher key stage
Aims of the course:
- Enhance linguistic skills to give confidence in teaching Modern Foreign Languages
- Inspire enthusiasm for Modern Foreign Languages
- Provide teachers with motivating activities and tasks for teaching Modern Foreign Languages
- Train staff to be able to deliver Modern Foreign Languages content for Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Provide mentoring and support throughout the course, including observations of teaching in the classroom
For teachers meeting the criteria, this course is FREE through funding provided by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). Training is available in French or Spanish, or in some cases both.
The course will be provided by the Sigma TSST team, who will be working closely with Bath Spa University. All sessions will be delivered by experienced teachers.
More information can be found at http://www.pooletsst.co.uk