NQT Appropriate Body
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of Newly Qualified Teachers and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an Appropriate Body, Sigma Teaching School Alliance will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf. This includes:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal.
- Notifying the Teaching Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and support and guidance
- Support visits and ongoing quality assurance
In addition schools may purchase our enhanced NQT support programme which includes a bespoke training package.
If you are interested in this service, please complete the form below.